Mission and Vision Statement
The mission of the Minneapolis United Soccer Club is to operate a citywide youth soccer program giving all registrants the opportunity to:
- Enjoy the sport at a level consistent with their ability and commitment
- Grow as players
Minneapolis United Soccer Club is a volunteer non-profit organization offering youth programs in the city of Minneapolis. The goal of the MU soccer program is to provide:
- An affordable, friendly youth soccer experience for every participant and family.
- Development of quality coaching for every level of play.
- The opportunity for every youth player to play on a team at a level consistent with their ability and commitment.
- The opportunity for young players to improve their playing skills and ability.
- MU accepts registrations without regard to race, gender or skill level. Financial aid is available to qualifying players and families. Applications for financial aid are confidential.
Minneapolis United is a youth amateur soccer organization, and a Minnesota non-profit corporation. It is an affiliate member of the Minnesota Youth Soccer Association (MYSA).
To maintain its good standing with MYSA, MU must be current in its financial obligations to MYSA and comply with all other requirements of the articles of incorporation, bylaws and rules of MYSA and the United States Soccer Federation.
- Minneapolis United is a volunteer, non-profit organization.
- The club sponsors an in-house recreational league, for ages 6 to 11, each summer.
- The club sponsors traveling teams through MYSA league each Fall season, for ages 8 to 13; and Spring/Summer season, for ages 8 to 18.
- West District – MU is a part of the West District, which includes teams from cities in the triangle formed by Minneapolis to St. Cloud to Orono.
- MYSA schedules league play for MU traveling teams
- The club reserves and pays for fields for all home games played by MU teams.
- The club supports organized training for all of its registered youth players and teams.
- The club schedules and pays all referees to officiate at all home games.
- The club provides uniforms for players to purchase, and nets and flags to all of its teams.
Minneapolis United is a non-profit organization. Our goal is to have broad participation, and fees are determined by the cost of our programs. Fees pay for home-game fields, field equipment, player cards, insurance, winter training field rental, trainers, coaching director, referee coordinator, referees and club mailings.